Our Union - Our Voice
One of the most powerful ways we exercise our collective voice is at the local bargaining table, where we bargain issues such as wages, hours, and working conditions for Bremerton certificated educators.
- Additional yearly pay beyond the state salary schedule between $7,913 (BA +0) and $14, 914 (MA +90), an increase of $5,222 (BA +0) and $9,843 (MA +90) over the last 5 years
- Class size limits and overload pay
- Strong non-discrimination rights
- Paid leaves - including sick leave, personal leave, speacial leave, and many others
- Defined evaluaiton procedures and criteria (TPEP)
- Specific work days and hours
- Safety provisions to protect staff and students
- Academic freedom
- Fair grievance procedures
- Fair transfer provisions
- and much, much more!